Insight 2 Industry (I2I)
Often referred to as the backbone industry, Transport and Logistics plays a part in everything we consume or own – making sure we get the right goods, at the right time and in the right place. The industry connects people and supports all aspects that make up our way of life in Queensland. It is critical the industry is supported to be effective and efficient, but most importantly sustainable – with a workforce able to meet the growing demands of our growing state.
What is Insight 2 Industry (I2I)?
The I2I initiative focusses on businesses within the transport and logistics industry engaging with local schools to raise industry awareness and highlight available career pathways through industry-school partnerships.
Why should my business get involved?
Business and industry bodies within transport and logistics are increasingly aware of the growing challenges in terms of our future workforce. An increasing freight task along with an ageing workforce means we have to look for innovative and creative ways to spark an interest in joining our industry. I2I is a great opportunity to open students’ eyes to a career pathway in transport and logistics, through partnerships with industry and local schools.
Benefits for the business include:
- Raising awareness of the transport and logistics industry among young Queenslanders Building business reputation with the school and wider community
- Helping to shape the future workforce with access to potential entry level employees, keen to discover the world of work.
- Succession planning for the ageing workforce.
Benefits for the school and students include:
- First-hand knowledge of what employers are looking for and career paths in industry
- Awareness of employment opportunities within local business and industry
- Building sustainable industry/school partnerships
- Increased knowledge of cadetships, school-based apprenticeships and traineeships
- Making the curriculum relevant by matching aspects of job roles to a lesson.
Want to know more?
Why not contact the TLI Connect team at email@example.com for more information or call 07 3066 0768.